I’ll admit that a big part of my goal with this quilt is to re-examine my construction methods and to keep asking – does this make sense? Does that make sense? And, does it make sense relative to the time that it’s taking?
Over the weekend, checking in with myself during a quiet post-bath rest (one of the most civilized practices that I can recommend), I got that if I attended to the edges of this quilt, it would facilitate the rest.
So, yesterday, in spite of three appointments, necessary emails, and then the usual Monday stuff, I managed to build the lower edge by patchworking a series of (nearly) matching 5×5 inch squares (roughly).
And, thank you St. Francis!!! – I found my two seam rippers, so I can fix an overly emphasized horizontal line in the body of the quilt (only two appointments today).
The bottom edge will also be ripped at one seam because I don’t want to switch two of the blocks. Instead, I will line them up, all oriented the same way.