“Practice gratitude whenever you feel overwhelmed…. ” Caroline Myss
Well, now, then. Last week, then. The weekend before last… and the one before that. The summer is tumbling by in a blur of obligations, interventions, and work. Indoors time — I’m not used to so much of it. Structured time — I’m not used to so much of that either. Many changes here.
So, here’s a quick list of things I’m grateful for —
- time to have worked on this piece for just a little while today. and a sense that perhaps it is inching toward resolution.
- a cleaned up house on account of company
- digital images, digital cameras, near-instant gratification of images
- a new journal arriving in the mail for the Sketchbook project
- dinner out, featuring tofu, eggplants and Chinese greens I don’t know the name of
- boys home
- a home
- Catalpa leaves approaching dinner-plate size
- the lake vacation to look forward to
- things growing in my absence
- making a quilt for a wounded child, knowing I am on the other side of most of that